Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Configuring salvo x86 for use with free compiler

If you're having difficulty with Salvo's configuration options, post it here.

Configuring salvo x86 for use with free compiler

Postby emonzon » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 am

Hi, I've been trying to configure the x86 lite version of salvo to compile with any compiler other than Visual Studio, but I'm having many problems doing that. One error I get is a missing "osuser.h" file, which in fact is not in my installation directory of salvo. I have a version of VS2008 installed on my computer and the tut5 demo included with the salvo lite version runs just fine, but my colleagues want to use another compiler, an open source compiler like lcc-win or djgpp would be great to have working. Would somebody please help me figure out why I can't compile the same demo tut5.c file using another compiler. Thanks a lot for your help.
-Eduardo M.
emonzon

Re: Configuring salvo x86 for use with free compiler

Postby aek » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:46 am

That's not going to work, because you need to link to the object modules that are included in Salvo Lite for x86, and you don't have the source (which would be in Salvo Pro) to generate said object modules. So compiler setup etc. isn't the main issue anyway.

If another compiler could link to object modules made by VS2008, then I guess in theory that might work, but I'm not going there ... issues like register usage, etc. immediately come to mind as potential incompatibilities between the various x86 compilers.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:13 am

I forgot to add ...

Salvo users who purchase any Salvo 4 Pro distribution also get the Salvo 4 Pro for x86 code for free ... that means that if you're a Salvo 4 Pro user, you could port Salvo to the x86 compiler of your choice pretty easily, using the Salvo for VC++ files and the Salvo 4 porting manual. That port is very clean, and I suspect it could be done pretty quickly.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby tbims23822 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:39 am

www.drop-shopping.com is a premium website for cheap air jordans shoes and other more really nike air jordan shoes.We have varity of cheap air jordan shoes available for wholesale.Cheap China wholesale shoes including cheap Nike shoes and cheap jordan shoes,nike sneakers,nike sneakers discount,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers.We supply nike sneakers,jordan sneakers,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers wholesale.You can buy very cheap jordans shoes including cheap women shoes,cheap nike shoes,cheap running shoes from us.

tbims23822

Return to Configuration