Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

messages from ISR

If you can't make Salvo do what you want it to do, post it here.

Re: messages from ISR

Postby aek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:01 am

At this point, my guess is that there is something re data spaces and rxUART0 that is causing the problem ... my guess is that instead of placing the data you think it's placing into the ecb for the msg, it's placing a zero, and if it's a zero, then the waiting task never unblocks.

If you watch OSecbArea[] in uVision, do you see the msgP field of the message (OSecbArea[2]) change to non-zero when the message is signaled?

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 am

quote:
how does it know there is 0 data? you mean if you use a pointer to address zero?

because the format of the message the pointer points to is pretty much custom correct?

also, what do you mean by a "Pro build"? is that using Salvo Pro with a L (vs F) library?

(none of which is the issue here, but something good to know)

The message format is "pretty much anything" modulo the various 8051 memory spaces. That's why I think that it's not mapping to what you may expect.

A "Pro build" means building a Salvo application only from Salvo source code -- no library. The salvocfg.h format is different.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby PresbyopticProgrammer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:22 am

quote:
Originally posted by aek:
If you watch OSecbArea[] in uVision, do you see the msgP field of the message (OSecbArea[2]) change to non-zero when the message is signaled?

no hardware debugger at this point to do the watch. just working over a serial connection with a bootloader

if OSecbArea[2] is available to code I will make a task to spit a message out the serial port every second or so with the value -> for the moment that is how I am debugging

PresbyopticProgrammer

Postby aek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:31 am

uVision's simulator is extremely good -- if you can simulate the problem in uVision then that's the best way for us to debug it here at Pumpkin.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby PresbyopticProgrammer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:09 am

I have emailed the entire app to support@pumpkininc.com
PresbyopticProgrammer

Previous

Return to Coding