Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

OSStartTask, OSStopTask

If you can't make Salvo do what you want it to do, post it here.

OSStartTask, OSStopTask

Postby dfleck » Mon May 20, 2002 6:56 am

I am using the OSA variant library. If I never use OSStartTask/OSStopTask within an interrupt, must I still disable interrupts when using OSStartTask/OSStopTask in a task?

The manual says OSStartTask/OSStopTask is callable from background or task. Is it callable from a function called from a task, or can it only be called from the task level?

------------------
Donald A. Fleck

Donald A. Fleck
dfleck

Re: OSStartTask, OSStopTask

Postby aek » Mon May 20, 2002 10:43 am

Hi Donald.

quote:
I am using the OSA variant library. If I never use OSStartTask/OSStopTask within an interrupt, must I still disable interrupts when using OSStartTask/OSStopTask in a task?

I don't really know. I suspect the answer is yes, but you should check with HI-TECH on that -- ask the general question of whether a #pragma interrupt_level 0 function that is only used at the background level still needs protection from interrupts. I suspect that it does, because its parameters may be overlayed with those of other #pragma interrupt_level 0 functions already in use.

quote:
The manual says OSStartTask/OSStopTask is callable from background or task. Is it callable from a function called from a task, or can it only be called from the task level?

By "background or task" we mean anything other than inside an ISR. So functions so described can be called from anywhere other than an ISR. However, those two functions you mention are callable from anywhere with an a-variant library.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to Coding