Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

about the keil51 project

For issues specific to the 8051 family, including compilers (e.g. Keil C51) and IDEs (e.g. uVision2).

Re: about the keil51 project

Postby aek » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:20 am

Hello.
quote:
...it said that we should know familiar with creating and using libraries with the compiler ...
The text in question reads:
quote:
You should be familiar with the concepts of including a file inside another file, compiling a file, linking one or more files, working with libraries, creating an executable program, viewing the debugging output of your compiler, and placing your program into memory.
These are all things that you will learn by using uVision (except working with a library -- uVision does that for you automatically). You'll probably want to study the existing projects in the Salvo distribution (e.g. salvo ut u5 u5lite.Uv2) and the Salvo Compiler Reference Manual RM-KC51 to understand which Salvo libraries to use.

Salvo libraries are all located in salvolib, e.g. salvolibmcc18 for MPLAB-C18 and salvolibkc51 for Keil Cx51.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:33 am

We have removed the earlier, pre-v3.2 Salvo Lite distributions from the Pumpkin website, so as not to cause further confusion.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:13 am

Hi Anna.

Where exactly are you downloading from?

If you click on Download Salvo Demo on our homepage, you will be directed to the Salvo Lite directory for the distribution of your choice (e.g. PIC, 8051), and in there, you'll see the v3.2 directory ...

You can't open library files ... the binary object files for the compiler.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:21 am

Hi Anna.

mem.c is a Salvo file (located in salvosrcmem.c) that holds all of Salvo's global objects (e.g. the queues and pointers, etc.). Every Salvo project must have mem.c as one of the files in the project.

isr.c is part of the tutorial projects. It contains code to call OSTimer() from an interrupt source. You can use it if you want, but normally we suggest that you create your own file(s) that involve interrupts.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby annachen » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:30 pm

thank you very much for your patients to answer all my questions, and now I can build and excute the salvo u u1lite~tu6lite, one more question is that, what's the function of files "mem.c","isr.c"? can they used in my own project?at what condition i should use it?thank you!
annachen

Previous

Return to 8051 family