Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

AVR Studio 4.12 + WinAVR + Salvo?

For issues specific to Atmel's AVR and MegaAVR microcontrollers, including Atmel AVRStudio and ImageCraft's ICCAVR C compiler.

AVR Studio 4.12 + WinAVR + Salvo?

Postby aek » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:14 am

The latest version of AVR Studio (v4.12, Build 460) now supports WinAVR integration at the project level. This means that you can create C project files easily from within AVR Studio without having to create Makefiles, etc.

We have placed a standalone project for use with Salvo and AVR Studio v4.12 on our website at http://www.pumpkininc.com/salvo/lite/avr/3.2/tu5_WinAVR.zip . Download and install this to salvo ut after you install Salvo Lite for Atmel AVR and MegaAVR. You can then open and build this project from within AVR Studio, and step through the code using the AVR Studio simulator, etc. This has been tested with non-mega parts (e.g. AT90S8515) and mega parts (e.g. ATmega168). The example is for the AT90S8515, and uses Timer1. Other targets may require small changes to the Init() macro.

Note that this example contains only AVR code and is for Salvo Lite. No extra symbols (like SYSY and MAKE_WITH_FREE_LIB) are needed. New users should review the project settings (Project -> Configuration Options) for an overview of the settings that are required to build a Salvo project. They are basically the include path (include salvoinc) and the Salvo library (in salvolibgccavr).

This new WinAVR integration makes building projects very easy and is highly recommended.

------------------

[This message has been edited by aek (edited December 28, 2005).]

-------
aek
aek

Re: AVR Studio 4.12 + WinAVR + Salvo?

Postby Phil W » Wed May 24, 2006 2:18 am

I've tried to try this tut but the Salvo files cannot be found.

I think it may be a problem in studio. The file mem.c in the tree has a red slash through it.

Any ideas?

PhilW

Phil W

Postby aek » Wed May 24, 2006 2:46 am

mem.c is just Salvo's mem.c, normally located in Salvosrcmem.c.

These new files (in the .zip archive) expect Salvo to already be installed to the default Salvo dir (c:Salvo).

In the worst case, just delete and re-add SalvoSrcmem.c.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby Phil W » Sun May 28, 2006 4:53 am

Thanks. I believe there is a problem with the current Studio WINAVR plug-in.

I have found that it will not see other files not the project folder.

Will wait for a fix.

Phil W

Return to Atmel AVR and MegaAVR