Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

OsRpt

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

OsRpt

Postby aek » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:49 am

The difference in documentation re OSRpt()'s parameters is because the User's Manual you're referencing is for Salvo 4, but Salvo for PICmicro MCUs has not yet been update to Salvo 4, and is still a Salvo 3 release. Therefore for your purposes, OSRpt() does not take any arguments.

Unfortunately, it also means that OSRpt() in Salvo 3 Lite and LE only works for as many tasks and events as were defined when the library was compiled -- 3 tasks and 5 events.

It's because of this problem that Salvo 4 explicitly requires that you pass OSTASKS and OSEVENTS to OSRpt().

Oops -- saw that you're using Salvo for PIC32. In that case, be sure to call OSRpt(OSTASKS, OSEVENTS). The above comments still apply to Salvo for PICs (i.e., PIC12-PIC18).

------------------

[This message has been edited by aek (edited August 05, 2008).]

-------
aek
aek

Re: OsRpt

Postby idurham » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:20 am

I am trying to use OsRpt with MPLAB C32 and get an undefined reference error from the linker. I am linking in libsalvolmcc32l-t.a
Which library should I use?
I have Salvo LE.

Addendum: Okay, that was dumb - the 'S' is capitalized!

However, I have another question. In the definition for OSRpt in salvofpt.h, it takes two arguments "( OStypeID tasks,
OStypeID events );".
In the Salvo Use's Guide, no arguments are listed. What are these arguments?

[This message has been edited by idurham (edited August 05, 2008).]

idurham

Return to PICmicro MCUs