Page 1 of 1

probelm running an-8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:08 am
by dinno
hii i have made the hardware as given in an-8 but i am not able to get any o/p on the terminal screen ...i have changed the code for 2 uarts and using a 20 mhz crystal...i have already verified the working of the rs232 connection and oscilloscope shows that pin #26 (hardware receiver) is geeting i/p ....any suggestions how to go about troubleshooting....earliar i was getting the build results as
Memory Usage Map:

Program space:
CODE used 797h ( 1943) of 2000h words ( 23.7%)
CONST used 40h ( 64) of 2000h words ( 0.8%)
ENTRY used 16h ( 22) of 2000h words ( 0.3%)
STRING used 0h ( 0) of 2000h words ( 0.0%)

Data space:
BANK0 used 1Fh ( 31) of 60h bytes ( 32.3%)
BANK1 used 27h ( 39) of 50h bytes ( 48.8%)
BANK2 used 39h ( 57) of 60h bytes ( 59.4%)
BANK3 used 30h ( 48) of 60h bytes ( 50.0%)
COMBANK used 1h ( 1) of 10h bytes ( 6.3%)

EEPROM space:
EEDATA used 0h ( 0) of 100h bytes ( 0.0%)

Configuration bits:
CONFIG used 1h ( 1) of 1h word (100.0%)

ID Location space:
IDLOC used 0h ( 0) of 4h bytes ( 0.0%)

Summary:
Program space used 7EDh ( 2029) of 2000h words ( 24.8%)
Data space used B0h ( 176) of 170h bytes ( 47.8%)
EEPROM space used 0h ( 0) of 100h bytes ( 0.0%)
Configuration bits used 1h ( 1) of 1h word (100.0%)
ID Location space used 0h ( 0) of 4h bytes ( 0.0%)


Re: probelm running an-8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:29 am
by aek
I usually debug applications like this by i) breaking inside various tasks to ensure that they are in fact running, ii) breaking on the call to OSTimer() to ensure that timer interrupts are happening (this drives Salvo delays), iii) watching the various Tx/Rx buffers to ensure that they are being filled (and emptied properly), and finally with a scope or logic analyzer on particular output pins to see actual activity.

------------------