Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

value added stuff for Salvo?

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

value added stuff for Salvo?

Postby kamyip » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:23 am

Well,let's just say the Salvo has made my life a lot less torturing, in fact fun. Cutting software development by more than 50% is pretty cool. But on the other hand with the exta time saved, you are being handed additional design jobs ...mumble, mumble.

In all the best personal experience that I have is I no longer dread those customer never ending changes on the software requirement! Now that worths all the money I spent on Salvo.

BTW, I can't wait for that TCP/IP stuff to be introduced to PIC family...are you?

Cheers ... :-)

kamyip

Re: value added stuff for Salvo?

Postby aek » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:39 am

quote:
In all the best personal experience that I have is I no longer dread those customer never ending changes on the software requirement! Now that worths all the money I spent on Salvo.
Funny ... another (very new) Salvo customer said almost the exact same thing today!

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby kamyip » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:15 am

Hi Andrew,

I'm having a great time using Salvo in my projects. It would be nice and even enhanced its value if there are plug in module for certain common task like RS232, lcd display, 4X4 keypad reading, IR decoding etc.

If it is possible my wish for this coming Christmas is for some form of encapsulation capabilities for example a trigger event will cause response active for x time unit and reset itself after that.

Or maybe a forum for members to share codes.

Well.....day dreaming is over, I must get back to my torture chamber now.... :-)

kamyip

Postby aek » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:49 am

Hi Kam.

Our focus is still on the RTOS itself, and with new ports coming, we keep very busy on that. We would like to update the website to have a sort of users' corner where code can be shared, etc. The next "value-added app" will mainly be directions on how to use Adam Dunkel's royalty-free multi-session uIP TCP/IP stack with Salvo -- we're currently running it in MSP430+Salvo based CubeSat Kit picosatellites, and it works very nicely over SLIP.

quote:
Well.....day dreaming is over, I must get back to my torture chamber now.... :-)
You mean your vacation palace, courtesy of Salvo?

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to PICmicro MCUs