Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Salvo Lite

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

Salvo Lite

Postby gonzalo7 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:08 am

Hello,

I'm Using Salvo Lite and PICCLITE (Hi Tech), I wrote a 3 task code, when I ran compiler it seems to be fine, but when I try to simulate I can never reach a task, I'm using break point but compiler send a message "one or more break points could not be resolve" I guess all it's well defined,

Are there any tips to fix this kind of error? or do you need to see my code? I hope someone can help me, I'm really new in this stuff,

Thanks a lot,

Gonzalo

gonzalo7

Re: Salvo Lite

Postby aek » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:15 am

Hi Gonzalo.

That may be a better question for the HI-TECH PICC forum at http://www.htsoft.com.

There are various issues in MPLAB that can be difficult for the novice to become familiar with.

Also, Microchip has bulletin boards for MPLAB.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby gonzalo7 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:57 am

Thanks, I found what my problem was, but now I have another

I run tut6, but as another project (I mean, I copy all necesary files *.c, *.h), everythin fine, I simulte that code and I can enter each task without problems... then I put my own code in those 3 task, everythink look fine, I could simulate every task, but when I changed task's prioroties I couldn't simulate anymore... are there any rules I have to follow to assign priorities?

Thanks in advance,

Gonzalo

gonzalo7

Postby aek » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:14 am

quote:
but when I changed task's prioroties I couldn't simulate anymore... are there any rules I have to follow to assign priorities?
Generally, no. You can assign priorities from 0 (highest) to 15 (lowest).

A common beginner's mistake is to assign the highest priority to a task that only yields (via OS_Yield(), e.g. TaskCount in salvo ut u6main.c). When you do that, no other tasks can run, because the one that only yields is always the highest-priority eligible task. Perhaps that's what you did?

If you assign the highest priority to a task that delays (via OS_Delay()), then other tasks can run while that task is delayed. Similarly, other tasks can run while the highest-prioruty task is waiting for an event. And so on ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to PICmicro MCUs