Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Salvo and PICC-18 Trial

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

Salvo and PICC-18 Trial

Postby Eduardo Robles » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:38 am

Hi,

My current project with Salvo is running in a PIC16F876 but RAM and ROM is becoming tight (also the hw stack levels) and I still need to add some functionalities. I am thinking in moving it to a PIC18F252, and would like to know if Salvo works fine with the trial version of PICC-18, or there are some issues that I should be aware of.

Regards,

Eduardo

Eduardo Robles

Re: Salvo and PICC-18 Trial

Postby aek » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:18 am

Hi Eduardo.

I'm not aware of any problems when combining Salvo with MPLAB-C18 trial version.

However, keep in mind that we do not yet support MPLAB v6 (in the sense that we don't have projects for it, and no documentation for it). But there are Salvo users out there who are doing MPLAB v6 + MPLAB-C18 + Salvo.

The Salvo projects for MPLAB v5.5 and higher work fine with MPLAB-C18.

Also, we have a new App Note (AN-22) to aid in migrating to new IDEs like MPLAB v6.

Since you're an old hand at Salvo, I don't think you'll have too much difficulty ... :-)

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Re: Salvo and PICC-18 Trial

Postby aek » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:22 am

What was I thinking -- I misread your post. Sorry.

The trial versions of the PICC and PICC-18 compiler are a little harder to integrate with Salvo because they do not support the -I (include path) command-line argument.

So, read up on our App Note AN-17 which explains how to get around these limitations.

Sorry for the earlier post ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to PICmicro MCUs