Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

MPLAB 6.xx

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

MPLAB 6.xx

Postby oemme » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:30 am

Do you plan to update the application notes to the new version of MPLAB 6.xx?

I'm new with Salvo and with MPLAB so i'm a bit in trouble to install the lite version I downloaded, in particular I don't understand how to set:

Include Path: salvoinc

Regards. Mauro.

oemme

Re: MPLAB 6.xx

Postby oemme » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:16 am

I tried to install also the 5.40 and 5.70 version of MPLAB but they still looks different from AN12.

In particular the COMPILES SETTIN OPTION of fig 7 look very different, the rows INCLUDE PATHS and DEFINE aren't present, they appear only if I select MPLAB-C17 (I dont'owe it).

What to do?

Regards, Mauro.

oemme

Re: MPLAB 6.xx

Postby aek » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:37 am

Hello.

I'm presuming that you're using MPLAB-C18 ...

We have not yet created projects for MPLAB v6, but we will do so soon.

In the meantime, here are some suggestions:

1) Use MPLAB v5.7 (available from Microchip's website, though you will have to serach for it). The Salvo projects are compatible with MPLAB v5.5 and later.

quote:
In particular the COMPILES SETTIN OPTION of fig 7 look very different, the rows INCLUDE PATHS and DEFINE aren't present, they appear only if I select MPLAB-C17 (I dont'owe it).
That's odd -- all of that is essentially the same for MPLAB v5.5 and higher. Perhaps MPLAB-C18 isn't installed correctly?

2) Use MPLAB v6 instead, and follow the general directions in AN-22. You won't be able to open any of Salvo's existing projects, but you will be able to build Salvo applications from scratch.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to PICmicro MCUs