Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

OSTASKS > 3

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

OSTASKS > 3

Postby Benoit Braud » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:13 am

I use SALVO LE for PIC18. My compilater is MPLAB-C18.

If i set OSTASKS value more than 3, i have a compilation error 'error 1 spawning' when i compil the mem.c file.

if i set OSTASKS = 3, the compilation is completed successfully.

Thanks for helping me.

------------------
Benoit B.

Benoit B.
Benoit Braud

Re: OSTASKS > 3

Postby aek » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:43 am

Hello Benoit.

The "spawning" errors are an MPLAB problem that involves include path names. This took us a long time to figure out -- you can see my post (search for aekalman) on Microchip's technical Forums. I would post the URL but they appear to be down right now ...

Anyway, the problem occurs if/when you specify additional include paths in the Include Path field of the Edit Project window. Don't do this -- specify the paths using the command-line options of the compiler (see page 5 of AN-12). Please see our AN-12 (the Troubleshooting portion and the Note on page 3) for more info.

Regards,

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:45 am

Hi Benoit.

We are now closed for the Independence day weekend. But if you can't solve this problem, please email your entire MPLAB project (main.c, salvocfg.h, .pjt file, etc.) and we'll take a look at it.

Regards,

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby Benoit Braud » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:58 am

My problem is solved.
Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by aek:
Hi Benoit.

We are now closed for the Independence day weekend. But if you can't solve this problem, please email your entire MPLAB project (main.c, salvocfg.h, .pjt file, etc.) and we'll take a look at it.

Regards,

Benoit B.
Benoit Braud

Return to PICmicro MCUs