Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Building Salvo Application with IAR MSP430

For issues specific to TI's MSP430 line of ultra-low-power microcontrollers, including compilers (e.g. Quadravox AQ430), IDEs (e.g. IAR Embedded Workbench) and development tools (e.g. TI MSP-FET430 Flash Emulation Tool).

Building Salvo Application with IAR MSP430

Postby iob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:30 am

Hi:

i'm a new user of Salvo RTOS. could anyone help me on this? i'm having a problem building a salvo application with IAR Embedded Workbench / c compiler V3.41c. what are the Salvo files to be included in the project? is there a reference manual that could assist me to build a Salvo application with the specified version of compiler? by the way, i'm using msp430F2254.

------------------
best regards,
iob

best regards,
iob
iob

Re: Building Salvo Application with IAR MSP430

Postby aek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:33 am

Are you running Salvo 4?

If so, there are examples in the PumpkinSalvoExample tree. You can use them as your guide ...

Also, there are reference manuals online, but they are for Salvo v3. Not too different, but different nonetheless. See the whatsnewinSalvo4.txt files in the abovementioned examples.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby iob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:44 am

i'm trying to use the salvo lite. does this support the IAR EW V3.41c? i'm quite confused with the reference manual for building salvo application in older version of IAR Embedded workbench. could you assist me on this?

------------------
best regards,
iob

best regards,
iob
iob

Postby aek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:06 am

You haven't answered my question -- Salvo v3.2.3 or Salvo 4?

There isn't much difference across all of the versions, so the older docs are still useful. Just link in Salvo's mem.c (or salvomem.c for Salvo 4), set the include paths as per the docs and your environment, and link to the appropriate library (in this case, what's in SalvoLibiar430-vX where X corresponds to the version of IAR430 you're running).

v3.41 is fully supported, and MSP430X devices are supported in Salvo 4 for MSP430.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to TI's MSP430