Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Debug Vs release

For issues specific to TI's MSP430 line of ultra-low-power microcontrollers, including compilers (e.g. Quadravox AQ430), IDEs (e.g. IAR Embedded Workbench) and development tools (e.g. TI MSP-FET430 Flash Emulation Tool).

Debug Vs release

Postby FatKid » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:58 am

Hello,
I am back with another dumb question. I have built my project and everything is going great but I am building in DEBUG mode. When I switch to release mode, it fails to build, here is the exact text:

Build active project — 181 ms — 1 error
Building “EL_FIRMWARE” in configuration “Release” — 1 error
Compiling mem.c — 1 error
included from c:/salvo/src/mem.c(30): can't find include file "salvocfg.h"
Build failed

When I switch the mode from Debug to release, the "+" symbol next to mem.c vanishes in the project viewer. So basicaly in debug mode, mem.c can find all the necessary include files, but when I switch to realease mode it can't. Have I done something stupid? I set up the project explorer just like the Salvo tutorials instructed me to. So salvocfg.h is obvioulsy included.

Thanks for the help,

FK

FK
FatKid

Re: Debug Vs release

Postby aek » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:07 am

It sounds like your release project options does not have the appropriate include path (to your project's home directory) defined, and so it can find salvo.h, but not salvocfg.h, which is #included from salvo.h.

------------------

[This message has been edited by aek (edited July 29, 2005).]

-------
aek
aek

Return to TI's MSP430