Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Program crash with AQ430

For issues specific to TI's MSP430 line of ultra-low-power microcontrollers, including compilers (e.g. Quadravox AQ430), IDEs (e.g. IAR Embedded Workbench) and development tools (e.g. TI MSP-FET430 Flash Emulation Tool).

Program crash with AQ430

Postby Eduardo Robles » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:20 am

Hi Andrew,

While making adding features to an application that deals with handling a wireless modem, I came across a repetitive program crash that I believe is a result of an interaction between Salvo and the AQ430 compiler itself.

Inside a task there are a few calls to the strcat(*ptr1, *ptr2) function from the AQ430 library. The task execution is controlled by an external event and after running once without noticeable problems, the second time it executes, it simply resets the processor.

I traced the offending C statement to the first strcat call in the task, and after avoiding the use of it, the program doesn't crash anymore.

During compilation there are no errors or warnings related to the problem.

I didn't dig more on it, since I wanted to go on with the coding, (and it is not a problem anymore) but I wonder if you have any reference to such issues with the AQ430.

Regards,

Eduardo

Eduardo Robles

Re: Program crash with AQ430

Postby aek » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:38 am

Hi Eduardo.

have you downloaded and installed the new libraries that are available in the 3.2.4-b patch?

They would resolve issues that are likely to crop up with functions that use variable argument lists, etc.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby Eduardo Robles » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:01 am

Thanks, I did, and I will try to reproduce the problem when I get some spare time.

Hummm... I have a doubt: do those libs go along with the ver 3.2.3 or do I need to setup the 3.2.4 prerelease? (I mean, they are named 2.3.4-b).

Eduardo

Eduardo Robles

Postby aek » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:10 am

Hi Eduardo.

Use whatever is in the download directory together -- the 3.2.3 installer and then the 3.2.4-b patch.

You should definitely update -- test for the old problem if you have time.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to TI's MSP430