Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

make error!

For issues specific to TI's MSP430 line of ultra-low-power microcontrollers, including compilers (e.g. Quadravox AQ430), IDEs (e.g. IAR Embedded Workbench) and development tools (e.g. TI MSP-FET430 Flash Emulation Tool).

make error!

Postby Senthil » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:38 am

Hi,
I'm trying to run the tutorial programs that come with Salvo Lite demo version, on msp430 using IAR embedded worh bench IDE(FET) v1.26 B. When I try to make/build the application, the process aborts with the error message "Error[e12]: Unable to open file 'cl430m.r43'". This happens with all tut programs tu1-6. The compiler options are set as specified in Appnote "an-15".

suggestions regarding this would be greatly appreciated !!

[This message has been edited by Senthil (edited November 18, 2003).]

Senthil

Re: make error!

Postby aek » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:09 am

quote:
"Error[e12]: Unable to open file 'cl430m.r43'"
There is no Salvo file named "cl430m.r43" -- this is an IAR library, normally located in iarew23430lib.

I suspect what may be happening is that you have a pathname that is too long or includes spaces, and is therefore getting mangled. For whatever reason(s), your environment cannot find the library when building the project. I suggest reviewing the project options ... probably forcing a path to be an absolute path will solve it.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to TI's MSP430