Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Advantages of Salvo Pro?

If you're interested in purchasing Salvo but have some questions you want answered first, post them here.

Advantages of Salvo Pro?

Postby Unregistered User » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:17 am

I’m a new user of Salvo Product. Currently I’m evaluating the free version Salvo Lite product and I’m interested to use a full version of it (Salvo LE or Salvo Pro). What other benefits can I get besides the unlimited tasks and events if I purchase Salvo Pro? I’ve seen the table on the differences of the products. The table shows that the Salvo Pro has source code included and advanced configuration options. What are the advantages of this from other Salvo Products?
Unregistered User

Re: Advantages of Salvo Pro?

Postby aek » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:25 am

There are several advantages to purchasing Salvo Pro over Salvo LE:

1) Access to all Salvo source code. For many companies, this is a must. And since source code is provided, no source code escrow schemes etc. are required.

2) Ability to use advanced configurations. For example, you can enable the logging features of Salvo to allow you to track Salvo's internal actions to aid in debugging.

3) Build custom libraries. With the Salvo source code and the included Makefiles, you can build your own, customer-specific Salvo libraries. This is very useful in a multi-user environment where you want all of your registered Salvo users to be building applications from the same custom Salvo library.

4) Independent from Salvo releases. If your compiler vendor issues a bug fix or new features, without Salvo Pro you may have to wait until Pumpkin issues new distributions of Salvo Lite and LE before your (updated or patched) compiler can work (again) with Salvo libraries. With Salvo Pro, you always have as an option the ability to build straight from source.

5) Use code verification tools on Salvo source (as well as your own). For example, IAR's Embedded Workbench now includes a MISRA C checker. With Salvo Pro, you can run the MISRA suite not only on your own code, but also on Salvo's.

6) More rapid bug fixes. In the unlikely event that a bug is discovered in Salvo, you can implement the fixes most rapidly by having the Salvo source code at your fingertips.

7) Source-code aware debugging. With Salvo Pro you can step through the Salvo source code when debugging, instead of viewing only machine code.

I hope this has helped to answer your questions.

Re: Advantages of Salvo Pro?

Postby tbims23822 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:52 am

www.drop-shopping.com is a premium website for cheap air jordans shoes and other more really nike air jordan shoes.We have varity of cheap air jordan shoes available for wholesale.Cheap China wholesale shoes including cheap Nike shoes and cheap jordan shoes,nike sneakers,nike sneakers discount,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers.We supply nike sneakers,jordan sneakers,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers wholesale.You can buy very cheap jordans shoes including cheap women shoes,cheap nike shoes,cheap running shoes from us.

Return to Pre-Sales Inquiries