Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

ATMEL AT91SAMS256 support?

If you're interested in purchasing Salvo but have some questions you want answered first, post them here.

ATMEL AT91SAMS256 support?

Postby pilotSteve » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:17 am

Hi - sorry if this is already covered, but I didn't find an answer with a search.

Does Salvo support the AT91SAM family? Yes they are ARM-9 but there are lots of on-board peripherals (timers, etc.) and I wonder if you have a pre-configured setup for this chip?

Perhaps even a pre-configured setup for Atmel's evaluation board, AT91SAM7S-EK which has USB, 2 serial ports, four switches and four LEDs.

I've downloaded the Salvo Lite for ATMEL and it seems a bit off. Thanks for your suggestions. -steve-

pilotSteve

Re: ATMEL AT91SAMS256 support?

Postby pilotSteve » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:36 am

Forgot to add: I've not yet finalized my tool set. I have installed the kickstart IAR Embedded Workbench under Win-XP, but think I'd rather user GNU C-compiler under OS-X.

Any experiences with either platform?

I also have the SAM-ICE JTAG device which I believe is only supported under windows, so that is my present plan to program and debug. Thanks -steve-

pilotSteve

Postby pilotSteve » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 am

More info (sorry, I can't figure out how to edit previous posts!):

I have IAR Embedded Workbench version 4.0 (the current version). Salvo Lite only seems to have libraries for 2.0 and 3.0 -- does this mean I must revert to an older environment to demo Salvo?

My 4.0 project doesn't compile yet, not even there to the link stage, but expecting that to cause problems.

thanks -steve-

pilotSteve

Postby aek » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 am

Hi Steve.

1) Salvo for ARM supports all low-endian ARM7 devices, including the SAM7 family.

2) The distribution that is on-line is out-of-date and does not include newer IAR support.

3) We need to update the distribution so that you can use IAR.

4) Salvo also works with GCC as well -- the libs built for the luminary devices use e.g. gcc.

So as soon as we update the distribution to include IAR 4 and GCC for ARM7 support it will be what you want.

I believe we have that same Dev Board here as well ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby tbims23822 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:04 am

www.drop-shopping.com is a premium website for cheap air jordans shoes and other more really nike air jordan shoes.We have varity of cheap air jordan shoes available for wholesale.Cheap China wholesale shoes including cheap Nike shoes and cheap jordan shoes,nike sneakers,nike sneakers discount,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers.We supply nike sneakers,jordan sneakers,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers wholesale.You can buy very cheap jordans shoes including cheap women shoes,cheap nike shoes,cheap running shoes from us.

3) We need to update the distribution so that you can use IAR.

4) Salvo also works with GCC as well -- the libs built for the luminary devices use e.g. gcc.

So as soon as we update the distribution to include IAR 4 and GCC for ARM7 support it will be what you want.

I believe we have that same Dev Board here as well ...

[/B][/QUOTE]

tbims23822

Return to Pre-Sales Inquiries