Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

_OS_Label()

Have an idea on how to make Salvo better? Post it here!

_OS_Label()

Postby luben » Sun Feb 11, 2001 10:34 am

Hello,

Just wondering is it not possible to make automaticly setting the labels. I know that this is hard to do automaticaly with macros and functions.

An idea - if you declare a variable (like you have declared many variables like OSCALL_XYZ, etc) and you increment it every time you call a OS_XXXXX function. And inside of the function you have some name of the label, connected with the value of the variable..... Of course you should declare in the beginning many "empty" labels, maybe more then needed (they don't consume ROM memory). Unfortunetely I'm not so good in C, but I feel that maybe it's some way to do labeling automatically.

You have to agree that automatic labels will make SALVO to look better. Anyway, SALVO works OK with "manual" labels.

Regards
Luben

luben

Re: _OS_Label()

Postby aek » Sun Feb 11, 2001 11:42 am

For the forseeable future, we'll have to live with "manual" labels via _OSLabel().

If/when we create an ANSI-compliant scheme for context switchers and labels that works across all of our target platforms and compilers, then the need for labels will probably disappear anyway.

For now, you'll have to use _OSLabel(). The nice thing about it is that the compiler will catch it if you forget :-)

-------
aek
aek

Return to Feature Requests