Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

CPU Utilizarion

If you have a general question or comment regarding Salvo, post it here.

CPU Utilizarion

Postby sandhya » Wed May 05, 2004 6:51 am

Hi,
We are developing an embedded application in PIC18F8620 from microchip, using salvo RTOS. Is there any way in salvo, that I can rely on, for calculating the CPU Utilization and memory utilization (RAM and ROM). Please help
sandhya

Re: CPU Utilizarion

Postby aek » Wed May 05, 2004 8:07 am

Hello.

ROM and RAM utilization is reported in the linker's map file. You may need to break it down by section -- Salvo's ROM is in obvious sections, and Salvo's RAM is in mem.o.

In terms of CPU utilization, one way to figure out how much of the CPU is utilized is to measure the amount of time spent while Salvo OS is idle. A simple way to do that is to enter a sleep mode in OSIdlingHook(), and exit from each ISR. By setting an I/O pin in OSIdlingHook() and clearing that same pin in your ISRs, you can attach a logic analyzer or a time interval counter and get meaningful data on what percentage of the time the system is asleep (i.e. the CPU is not being utilized).

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Re: CPU Utilizarion

Postby tbims23822 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 am

www.drop-shopping.com is a premium website for cheap air jordans shoes and other more really nike air jordan shoes.We have varity of cheap air jordan shoes available for wholesale.Cheap China wholesale shoes including cheap Nike shoes and cheap jordan shoes,nike sneakers,nike sneakers discount,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers.We supply nike sneakers,jordan sneakers,air jordan sneakers,air force sneakers wholesale.You can buy very cheap jordans shoes including cheap women shoes,cheap nike shoes,cheap running shoes from us.
tbims23822

Return to General