Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Salvo and Keil RV

If you're interested in purchasing Salvo but have some questions you want answered first, post them here.

Salvo and Keil RV

Postby RobertoDigitec » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:35 am

I've downloaded Salvo lite in order to try what seems a great product. Unfortunately
my actual environment is Keil IDE with a lot of FW written for RealView30 compiler. Does exists any example, sample code and library for RV use? Thanks a lot.
RobertoDigitec

Re: Salvo and Keil RV

Postby aek » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:22 am

Hi Roberto.

The Salvo Lite for Cortex-M3 is all RealView30 and GCCARM ... but I suspect you are asking about RV30 with ARM7TDMI ...

We are working on it RIGHT NOW!

Which ARM7 chips and development boards do you have?

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby RobertoDigitec » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:34 am

quote:
Originally posted by aek:
Hi Roberto.

The Salvo Lite for Cortex-M3 is all RealView30 and GCCARM ... but I suspect you are asking about RV30 with ARM7TDMI ...

We are working on it RIGHT NOW!

--------------
Great. Do you have an expected date for a "advanced-confidential-pre-beta" version?
--------------

Which ARM7 chips and development boards do you have?

--------------
Actually I'm working on AT91SAM7S-EK and AT91SAM7X-EK. Thanks.
--------------

RobertoDigitec

Postby aek » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:00 am

Hi Roberto.

OK, we are currently generating libraries and will need to test the context switcher for proper operation with RV30. The Salvo port to the Cortex-M3 with RV30 led to some enhancements to our context-switching code which needs to be tested on the ARM7.

If we did it right , the libraries we are generating are available in both ARM and Thumb modes, both with and without interwork veneer support. Currently we're only doing little-endian libraries.

As soon as we verify that the libraries are correct, we'll create the tut5 test program on the SAM7S-EK (we have one here) for final verification, and then we can release a new Salvo Lite for ARM.

I hope to have something for you by Friday (eve).

Regards,

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:33 am

Hi Roberto.

OK, we have some Salvo code running on the SAM7-EK.

There are some RV30 issues with interwork and ARM/Thumb mode, but not enough to prevent us from spinning a new installer.

We'll work on getting something released tomorrow (Fri). It will be an "advanced-pre-beta" sort of thing ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:44 am

Interesting ... it looks like armlink automatically generates interwork veneers for switching between ARM and Thumb modes .. this means that our code needn't explicitly create these inline instructions (we had to, for example, with the CAARM implementation of Salvo).

Well, that makes things simpler

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:39 am

Sorry -- a Friday release isn't possible. I'll update as soon as possible.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby RobertoDigitec » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:26 am

quote:
Originally posted by aek:
Sorry -- a Friday release isn't possible. I'll update as soon as possible.

thanks for your efforts. You'll be glad knowing we are planning to buy some Salvo licenses... Please, let me know if there are news.

RobertoDigitec

Postby aek » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:49 am

Update:

We now have a nice tut5 (lite and Pro) program running -- it's quite a bit like the one for the Luminary Micro part, but instead of using an LCD (which the AT91SAM7S-EK doesn't have) we're spitting out data to the terminal via the UART.

Built partly on Keil's Hello project, we're seeing a context switch rate of around 98kHz with the xtal on the AT91SAM7S-EK, and an idling hook rate of 217kHz.

So, as you would expect, it's very nice and fast. The Salvo footprint (non-optimized) is 140 bytes of RAM and 3.8KB for the Salvo code.

We'll rolll it into a new installer tomorrow (Friday).

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:50 am

It's now available for download from our website.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Next

Return to Pre-Sales Inquiries