Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

pic-18f2620-oscillator

If you can't make Salvo do what you want it to do, post it here.

pic-18f2620-oscillator

Postby kilaparthy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:48 am

Hi,
I am working on the PIC18f2620, and I have a problem ...I need to shut down the oscillator once my battery charge finishes(which registers need to be changed for this). If later if power comes back how to detect and what are the settings I need to do.

Please give me suggesion.

thanks

kilaparthy

Re: pic-18f2620-oscillator

Postby aek » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:11 am

Anybody have an answer?

This is a PIC-specific question that has little or nothing to do with Salvo per se, as best I can tell ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Re: pic-18f2620-oscillator

Postby DFx_Tech » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:24 am

Hi kilaparthy,

I have never used the internal low-speed oscillator myself but the datasheet section "Oscillator Configuration" has information about changing oscillator configurations while running.

Unfortunately your second question requires knowledge about your hardware.
I am inferring you have some sort of 'power sense' input to a port pin, in which case either connect the sense line to a pin that supports 'wake on change' or use the watchdog timeout to wake yourself up periodically to check the sense line status and then either power the main oscillator back up or go back to sleep...repeat ad infinitum.

If you need more help the official Microchip forums are very quick and friendly:
http://forum.microchip.com/tt.asp?forumid=3&p=&tmode=1&smode=1

e: oops, that'll teach me not to check the post date before replying, maybe the forums link will be helpfull to somebody else anyway.

[This message has been edited by DFx_Tech (edited June 29, 2005).]

DFx_Tech

Return to Coding