Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Will Salvo help me?

If you're interested in purchasing Salvo but have some questions you want answered first, post them here.

Will Salvo help me?

Postby aek » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 am

What is the cause of your underruns? I.e. what is it about your program that is causing the underruns?

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Re: Will Salvo help me?

Postby Coasterez » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:48 am

I have a rather large and complex program on a PIC18F4685. I'm having a terrible time with stack underruns, etc. causing resets. Will Salvo help me with this?
Coasterez

Postby Coasterez » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:43 am

I wish I really knew. The occur when seemingly the PC gets "lost" and goes off to unexpected places. I am using a lot of interrupts, all of the same priority, but only a couple occur on a regular basis: 50 ms timer for timeouts, and 1 second timer for a RTC. I also have data corruption (RAM) occurring at random.
Coasterez

Postby aek » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:39 am

From a general perspective, Salvo might make your code a lot cleaner, e.g. by virtue of the fact that only a single timer interrupt is required to service all delays & timeouts.

Assuming you have one of our supported compilers (PICC-18 STD or MPLAB-C18), you can test-drive Salvo Lite for PIC to see if it works for you.

My guess would be that there's something re your interrupt levels or nesting that is knocking you out (or something trivial, like the WDT). Having lots of interrupts per se is not so terrible as long as interrupts are not nested, and you've controlled how deep a call stack you have ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to Pre-Sales Inquiries