Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

salvo lite &PIC12F75

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

salvo lite &PIC12F75

Postby TIKI30 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:37 am

Hi,I'm trying to get to grips with Salvo(lite) but I'm having difficulty in compiling a simple program listed below. I have read most of the application sheets provided but I'm still confused as to what library I should be using for the PIC12F675 ?. I'm using the HI-Tech PICC-Lite Compiler (ver.9.60 PL1), Salvo Lite v.3.2.3,MPlab v.8.10.

/************************************************************
SALVO Sample Program
salvotest.c

BASIC SCHEDULLING OF 2 TASKS

Create a Third Task?
Change Priorities?

//************************************************************/

#include <htc.h>
#include <salvo.h>

//******************* (definitions)****************************/

#define TASKADC OSTCBP(1) /* task #1 */
#define TASKB OSTCBP(2) /* "" #2 */

/*****************( PROTOTYPES )***************************/

void TaskADC(void);
void TaskB(void);

_OSLabel(TaskADC1);
_OSLabel(TaskB1);

//*****************( TASKS )********************************/

void TaskADC(void)
{
for(;
{
NOP();
//GPIO1 ^= 1;
OS_Yield(TaskADC1);
}
}

void TaskB(void)
{
for(;
{
NOP();
//GPIO0 ^= 1;
OS_Yield(TaskB1);
}
}
//*****************( MAIN )*********************************/

void main(void)
{
// TRIS0 = 0x00;

OSInit();

OSCreateTask(TaskADC,TASKADC ,10);
OSCreateTask(TaskB,TASKB ,9);

for(;

OSSched();

}

//*****************( OS Idle )*********************************/

void OSIdlingHook( void )
{
NOP();
}

The result I get when I try to compile is :

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "C:PaschalDeftFYPPIC Filessalvotest.cce".
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:Program FilesHI-TECH SoftwarePICCLITE9.60inpicl.exe" -C -E"salvotest.cce" "salvotest.c" -O"salvotest.obj" -I"C:salvosrc" -I"C:salvolib" -I"C:PaschalDeftFYPPIC Files" -I"C:salvoinc" -Zg9 -O -ASMLIST -Q -MPLAB -12F675
Advisory[1207] : some of the command line options you are using are now obsolete
Advisory[1208] : use --help option or refer to the user manual for option details
Executing: "C:Program FilesHI-TECH SoftwarePICCLITE9.60inpicl.exe" -C -E"mem.cce" "mem.c" -O"mem.obj" -I"C:salvosrc" -I"C:salvolib" -I"C:PaschalDeftFYPPIC Files" -I"C:salvoinc" -Zg9 -O -ASMLIST -Q -MPLAB -12F675
Advisory[1207] : some of the command line options you are using are now obsolete
Advisory[1208] : use --help option or refer to the user manual for option details
Executing: "C:Program FilesHI-TECH SoftwarePICCLITE9.60inpicl.exe" -E"Inertia Control.lde" "C:PaschalDeftFYPPIC Filessalvotest.obj" "C:salvosrcmem.obj" "C:salvolibhtpiccsfp40aaa.lib" -M"Inertia Control.map" -O"Inertia Control.cof" -O"Inertia Control.hex" -Q -MPLAB -12F675
BUILD FAILED: Thu Feb 12 23:11:07 2009

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TIKI30

Re: salvo lite &PIC12F75

Postby aek » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:10 am

Not a very useful error message, is it?

Is PICC-Lite v9.6 part of their PRO line of compilers?

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby TIKI30 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:02 am

Thanks for the prompt reply, I have installed an evaluation version of the picc Std compiler and changed the device type to PIC16F877, using library 42c and I can get a successful compilation. I choose the library according to the list on page 5 of the Salvo reference manual but I am still at a loss as to how I choose the correct library for the PIC12F675 ? or maybe this pic is not supported in the Salvo lite version ? ----is the list on p.5 of the Salvo reference manual definitive ?. If any body knows where I can download a copy of PICC-lite ( not pro version) I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks.

TIKI30

Postby aek » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 am

Please review our RM-PICC.PDF Reference Manual carefully. It explains the procedure to identify the correct library if it's not listed.
http://www.pumpkininc.com/content/doc/manual/rm-picc.pdf

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to PICmicro MCUs