Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

AN-25 changes for MPLAB 7.60

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

AN-25 changes for MPLAB 7.60

Postby aek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:19 am

Until Salvo for PICmicro MCUs is updated to Salvo 4, the following information (submitted by a user) is beneficial to Salvo users when running MPLAB C18 with MPLAB v7.60:
quote:
I uninstalled Salvo Lite yesterday and installed Salvo Pro, after updating the C18 compiler to 3.13 in our MPLAB 7.60 environment.

I was able to use AN-25 to build and run the example application, making changes for the differences between MPLAB 6 and 7. I was able to build using an existing library as well as building from the library sources.

I thought I would share these with you in case you wanted to add an App Note for 7.60 or update this one. Of course the screen shots are slightly different but the intent is clear.

1. on page 3 when adding main.c to the project sources, I also added main.h to the project headers

2. on page 5 added a macro definition for SYSE

3. on page 7 when adding linker scripts, it is a right-click instead of left-click

4. on page 8 when adding a library, it is a right-click instead of left-click

5. on page 10 when adding the source files, again it is a right-click instead of left-click

6. on page 10 the text indicates the library sources should be added to the Library files of the project, but Fig 16 shows them added to the Source files of the project. I added them to the Source files as they need to be built.

------------------

[This message has been edited by aek (edited October 18, 2007).]

-------
aek
aek

Return to PICmicro MCUs