Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

AARGB3 and other symbols

For issues specific to Microchip's PICmicro® MCUs, including compilers (e.g. HI-TECH PICC & PICC-18, Microchip MPLAB®-C18) and IDEs (e.g. Microchip MPLAB®).

AARGB3 and other symbols

Postby marco » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:17 am

1) I want to tell to support team that this and other symbols (expecially used in math functions) became reserved with the last update of MPLAB-C18. Microchip replaced these symbols in their source files adding in front to them 2 underscore characters (AARGB3 --> __AARGB3).
This change cause the linker throw error linking with some Salvo LE libs because symbols are not founded.
I found a very complex and unsafe workaround so please consider to solve.

2) Any news about release of extended mode compiled libraries?

Thank you

Marco

marco

Re: AARGB3 and other symbols

Postby aek » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:48 am

1) I can see no reason why Salvo would ever reference anSFR like AARGB3 anyway ... what Salvo library module is referencing them?

Are you sure this isn't simply the issue with the new linker? We have issue new libraries for use with the new linker.

2) That's a good question. We have just released the initial Salvo port to the PIC24 and dsPIC targets ... we may try to get extended-mode libraries built for the next release of Salvo for PICmicro(R) MCUs.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby marco » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:10 am

The lib is slc18lfa.lib (v3 folder specific for v3 compiler and v4 linker) contains tick.o, in this file there is a reference to AARGB3 symbol; may be that this reference was implicitly done by a math usage and so potentially in a lot of .o files .

I am happy about pic24 version, I plan to use it in this year.

Ciao

Marco

marco

Postby aek » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:59 am

OK, a Salvo user at JCI has reported that these new libraries no longer have problems with AARGB3, etc.

So the bottom line is that they needed to be rebuilt with the newest version of the compiler ... that's all. Salvo Pro users can do this themselves using the Makefiles that are included with the Salvo source files.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby aek » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:48 am

We have posted new libraries (using v3.02 of the mPLAB-C18 compiler) to the download areas.

We were unable to reproduce the problem here, but we are able to build successfully using 3.02 and the new libraries.

If someone could confirm that all is working, I'd appreciate it.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby marco » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:51 am

Ok the new recompiled libs clear the problem.

Ciao

Marco

marco

Return to PICmicro MCUs