Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

OS_WaitXYZ() with wrong number of argiuments

If you think you've found a bug or other mistake in your Salvo distribution, post it here.

OS_WaitXYZ() with wrong number of argiuments

Postby luben » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:23 am

Hello,

I'm sorry that I began to report bad news too often..... I'm not guilty at all.
Here is new "nut".......

If compiling the project and if you forget to put OSNO_TIMEOUT or some value into OS_WaitXYZ() sevices I see the "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" error of the windows application. Because this is extraordinary message and I hate to see such messages. I think that this should be not the right way of telling me that the number of argiment is different.

Of course I'm not sure that it's 100% SALVO-HiTech problem, there is some small possibility that this is caused from wrong Windows settings, or what's worse - unrecognized virus, etc.

The normal reaction should be - some error message when compiling, the worst case - undefined error message when linking ( when you could not understand from where came the problem - sometimes this occures when using heavy calculations in sprintf()) ... but "illegal operation"

I found this today when I tried to recompile old project from SALVO 2.2 (where if no timeouts enabled the number of arguments is 2, instead of 3) - the compiler just crashed.... well, there was some message that wrong number of operands exists.

Here is the reply I got:

Command line: "C:HT-PICBINPICC.EXE -FAKELOCAL -G -O -Zg -ICD -E -16F876 -C -IC:HT-PICWORKINGMONITORMAIN_N -IC:SALVO30INC -IC:SALVO30SRC C:HT-PICWORKINGMONITORMAIN_NMAIN_N.C"
Warning[000] C:HT-PICWORKINGMONITORMAIN_NMAIN_N.C 508: Wrong number of macro arguments for "OS_WaitSem" - 2 instead of 3
The instruction at 00401fcd referenced memory at ffffffff

I suffered from this problem before, but I forgot to report about this.

code:

//----- THIS IS COMPILED OK
OS_WaitSem(SEM_Display, OSNO_TIMEOUT, _TASK_Display9); // wait until message appears

code:

// ******** THIS MAKES THE COMPILER TO CRASH
OS_WaitSem(SEM_Display, _TASK_Display9); // wait until message appears

Regards
Luben

luben

Re: OS_WaitXYZ() with wrong number of argiuments

Postby aek » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:09 am

Hi Luben.

Make sure you have the latest PICC -- that type of error message came up some time ago w/regard to PICC, but I believe they have fixed it by now.

Regardless, that's a PICC problem ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby luben » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:42 am

Hello,

I'm with latest HiTech, but maybe due to the changes I made I have to reinstall it again.

In any case try to build one project with skipped timeout parameter....

Luben

luben

Postby luben » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:42 am

Hello,

You mean that it's normal? Because when such messages appear I know what's the problem - for me is OK.

Luben

luben

Postby jtemples » Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:19 am

This is a fairly old Hi-Tech bug, at least on PICC18. Note that lately, just updating your compiler isn't always enough; they also post updates to cromwell.exe separately from the compiler releases. Lately, cromwell.exe has had many crash bugs.
jtemples

Postby aek » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:59 am

I remember this used to happen on one of the PICC/PICC-18 compilers, but I'm pretty sure I reported it and they fixed it and I haven't seen it since ... not 100% sure, only pretty sure.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Return to Bug Reports