Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

cubesat kit MHX demo not working

This is the place to discuss things beyond what's included in the CubeSat Kit.

cubesat kit MHX demo not working

Postby sorcereral » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:16 am

I'm trying to run the cubesat kit demo program with the MHX 2400. It seems that it gets into the command mode, but none of the other commands works. If I try to read the MHX responses, I'm getting the first "OK" (the one after typing "mhx"). After that, the echoed commands are wrong characters. I receive correctly the "ERROR" message. The MHX works ok on its development board.
sorcereral

Re: cubesat kit MHX demo not working

Postby aek » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 am

A 2400? or a 2420?

There is no "ERROR" response when running the Test1 demo program with an MHX2400.

I would suggest reducing (via a non-valitile write to the MHX's configuration options) the transmit power to its minimum value -- that will ensure that the MHX is not resetting when you attempt to transmit with it.

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby sorcereral » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:37 am

I am using the MHX 2400. I receive the ERROR message from the MHX as an answer for the configuration command. I added the code for reading these answers.

I followed your advice reducing the transmission power of the MHX. With this setup and with an unmodified version of the Test1 demo it still doesn't work. If I use a breakpoint on the ISRTx1 interrupt and manually continue execution each time it reaches this breakpoint, the MHX works as expected.

sorcereral

Postby sorcereral » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:51 am

I changed the MHX 2400 with a MHX 2420 and everything worked as supposed.
sorcereral

Return to CubeSat Add-Ons