Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

problem working with MHX 2400

This is the place to discuss things beyond what's included in the CubeSat Kit.

problem working with MHX 2400

Postby dascalvlad » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:27 am

hello, my name is Paul and i'm working with an MHX-2400 development kit. The main purpose is to test them and after that to use them for a romanian cubesat form satellite.
i have read the MHX 2400 manual rev. 1.56 and i have a question regardind the configuration of the equipment.

Now the modems are conected through RS-232 serial cables to PCs and i'm using the hyperterminal program to configure them. The modems are working well in a point-to-point configuration at a baud rate of 9600 (standard).

My question is: how can i modify the serial baud rate of both modems to work to a baud rate of 115200 "CONNECT 115200". The main purpose is to optimize a point-to-ponit connection for a file transfer between them.
The moment i change the S102 (Serial Baud Rate) registry like it is shown in the manual (page 14, down), i cannot configure the mhx modem with hyperterminal any more.

i have managed to change the serial baud rate of the Slave modem using the Remote Control Diagnostics, but i cannot transfer any file using a 115200 baud rate.
PLEASE HELP ME with this situation.
P.S: Sorry for the stupid question, but i'm new in this field of work.
Regards, Paul

dascalvlad
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Re: problem working with MHX 2400

Postby aek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 am

I haven't tried 115200, but in general, after changing the baud rate of one or more of these transceivers, you need to re-establish the connection at the new baud rate, and sometimes this can be difficult.

E.g. going between 9600 and 19200 on the MaxStream XStreams (different transceiver, but same principle), we had to set the new baud rate, completely disconnect, reconfigure the terminal program prior to connecting, and then connect. After a while we got it down pat.

Note that we had been using a fancy MaxStream front-end (X-CTU) to reconfigure the transceivers at that time ... this kept the details (S-registers, etc.) hidden from us. It may be that there's more to it than just changing a single S-register in order to get 115200 baud connect speeds ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2000 11:00 pm

Re: problem working with MHX 2400

Postby dascalvlad » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:55 am

Thanks for the advice. Finally i have managed to solve the problem. The problem was with the Hyperterminal connection. Now it's working just fine.
dascalvlad
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania


Return to CubeSat Add-Ons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron