Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

PPM B1 Getting UART0 to USB COM port

If you have a general question or comment regarding the CubeSat kit, post it here.

PPM B1 Getting UART0 to USB COM port

Postby sncuser » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:28 am

We're using the PPM B1 with the C8051F120. I was using another C8051F120-based board in the interim until I received the Pumpkin board and was able to interact with it bi-directionally through the UART0 interface. Now trying to get the Pumpkin board to that same state. My understanding is that I should be able to install the Pumpkin board as a USB serial converter onto my PC host and use the UART0 interface there. I finally just got those USB drivers installed successfully for Windows 7 (64 bit), but so far am not seeing anything on the COM port. Is there something else I need to do? Is there any way to troubleshoot what might not be working?
sncuser

Re: PPM B1 Getting UART0 to USB COM port

Postby aek » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:17 am

1. In the CubeSat Kit, the USB (and MHX) socket are connected the "second" UART on the PPM .. the DB-9 port is connected to the first.

2. Please see the test program Test1 (included with your CSK) -- the uVision project file is in C:\Pumpkin\CubeSatKit\example\8051\C8051F12x\CubeSat_Kit_Dev_Board\Test\Test1\KC51\Pro -- for insight into how the CSK is configured to emit messages via the USB. Note that i) the C8051's crosspoint switch must be properly configured, and ii) various CSK driver calls (like csk_usb_open()) are made, to properly configure everything.
-------
aek
aek

Return to CubeSat General