Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

Has anybody ported Salvo to the 8051 and Keil C?

If you have a general question or comment regarding Salvo, post it here.

Has anybody ported Salvo to the 8051 and Keil C?

Postby aek » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:21 am

What's your schedule?

We have the full Keil 8051 compiler here in-house ... but the port hasn't been started yet.

If you can help out, perhaps we can accelerate the process. I've got ports down to under a week now, plus testing ...

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Re: Has anybody ported Salvo to the 8051 and Keil C?

Postby DHenry » Thu Nov 01, 2001 11:27 am

Having recently completed the PIC end of two communicating devices, I'm starting on the other end, which uses an 8051 derivative. I used Salvo for the PIC. I already own CMX's RTX51 RTOS for the 8051, but much of this device's code will be identical to that running on the PIC. It would be really nice if didn't have to port this Salvo-based code to a different RTOS, but I'm on such a tight development schedule, that I don't know if I want to tackle porting Salvo to the 8051 and validating it. It should be relatively easy, but I just can't introduce this kind of unknown into my project. So...

Has anybody ported Salvo to the 8051 using Keil C? If so, would you be willing to share the results of your efforts?

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

--Dan Henry

DHenry

Re: Has anybody ported Salvo to the 8051 and Keil C?

Postby DHenry » Fri Nov 02, 2001 7:11 am

I think Nov. 12 would as far as I could stretch with not having a running kernel. I know the 8051 pretty well (20+ yrs) and am quite familiar with Keil C too. I'd love to get Salvo running on the '51, I just don't want to get in a position of having to back it out and revert to CMX RTX51 later on in the project.

Let me know if, and how, a collaborative effort could be implemented.

--Dan Henry

DHenry

Return to General