Pumpkin, Inc.

Pumpkin User Forums

CrossStudio Source Build Error

If you're having difficulty with Salvo's configuration options, post it here.

CrossStudio Source Build Error

Postby samuel » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 am

I've used the Salvo library build and it works fine, but I am not able to build Salvo when using the source files. I want to be able to use message queues and understand that a source build is required for this. I'm using CrossStudio V1.4 for the MSP430. I'm using Salvo V4.0.0. I include all of the source files, set the compiler include paths to the Inc, Src, and my own includes directory (where salvocfg.h is located). I'm getting 2 type cast warnings in salvorpt.c. All files compile but before the build finishes I get the following:

undefined symbol '_OSDispatch'

My salvocfg.h:

#define OSUSE_LIBRARY FALSE
#define OSEVENTS 0
#define OSTASKS 2

#define OSEVENT_FLAGS 0
#define OSMESSAGE_QUEUES 0

#define OSENABLE_BINARY_SEMAPHORES TRUE
#define OSENABLE_TIMEOUTS TRUE
#define OSBYTES_OF_DELAYS 1
#define OSBYTES_OF_TICKS 1

I've spent hours reading and trying different things and I'm not getting anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Sam

samuel

Re: CrossStudio Source Build Error

Postby aek » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:51 am

In Salvo 4 for MSP430, OSDispatch() and OSCtxSw() are in the assembly-language file salvoportra430.asm in PumpkinSalvoSrcRA430.

------------------

[This message has been edited by aek (edited October 09, 2006).]

-------
aek
aek

Postby samuel » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:46 am

quote:
Originally posted by aek:
In Salvo 4 for MSP430, OSDispatch() and OSCtxSw() are in the assembly-language file salvoportra430.asm in PumpkinSalvoSrcRA430.

Adding these files fixed my build problem, but now OS_Delay(t) is not working?? I ran the exact code (and salvocfg.h) using a library build and it worked fine. OS_Yield() works fine, but not OS_Delay.

samuel

Postby aek » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:42 am

Is it running at all?

Your salvocfg.h etc. look fine for OS_Delay().

Have you set a breakpoint on the call to OSTimer() to verify that you are getting (multiple) periodic hits? Usually OS_Delay () problems -- especially with a source-code build -- are due to problems in the ISR that calls OSTimer().

Also, be sure to do a Rebuild all.

Lastly, you aren't calling OS_Delay(t) with t >255, are you?

------------------

-------
aek
aek

Postby samuel » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:34 am

I did find that my ISR interrupt was not being executed, and after sometime found that for some reason any one of the 3 calls (OSEi(), _EINT(), __enable_interrupt()) to enable interrupts fixed the problem. Don't really know why, or why it worked with the library but not the source.
samuel

Return to Configuration